Tuesday 17 December 2013

Lowbrow Birds, Tea bag painting tutorial

Lowbrow Birds Painted on Teabags

OK so my first blog entry about my own work.

This one is my Blue and Pink birds painted on teabags:
Art Print
To make a teabag painting you:
1.Cut along one side of the teabag half a centimeter down and empty it out.
2. You then put in your background or image. This one had tie dye material inside but you can pre draw your picture out and then cut it up to place inside. You should slide it into the teabag and gently put the half centimeter flap over so it is completely in the empty tea bag.
3. Get a newspaper and an iron plus some wax pellets or just carve up an old candle.
4. Place the teabag in the newspaper with some wax under and over the image (so it is covered in wax on both sides), close the newspaper and iron over. Keep checking the image is being covered and add extra wax where needed
5. Paint over the image with Oil or Acrylic. Both work well but this one is done with Oil paint :-)
6. sew by hand or you can glue them. I sew them because I like the effect.
7. Admire your artwork.

This piece is for sale in my Etsy shop for £30.00
Or you can buy the print for £8.50

Thank you for looking and please pop by to my shop for more works of art that are a little bit different.

Also I would really appreciate it if you could like me on Facebook :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment